Pierluigi Gorini, art director for Otel Varietè. He has more than1000 shows in his repertoire and has worked with hosts such as Tony Hadley and Mario Bionde.
What do you do for a living?
– Art Director at Otel.
What does an art director do?
– Psychologist, you always have to be careful what happens in the dressing room between the artists and the dance troupe trying to maintain BALANCE. It isn’t easy, but then when you see the result on stage it is great.
How do you start your day?
– I eat.
Describe your day in 45 seconds.
– At 9 o’clock I wake up, leave home at 10, arrive at work and start answering the mail. I create projects and estimate costs. I’m responsible for my part of the space (the show) then in the evening when the place is closed I return happily home to the couch. Otherwise, I am there for the show on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night.
How does fashion factor into your work?
– … Every day I must pay attention to fashion although I am also sensitive to taste. The idea is to create your own fashion style, depending on the trends of the period. However, each period has its own fashion and can follow something that is much more personal and not necessarily follow the dictates of big names or big shops …
Which show do you remember most?
– I remember them all, a little bit because I remember 1,058 of them, but if I think of one in particular I have to say the ones with Mario Biondi. It has been an honor and a pleasure to have a character such as Mario in my shows. He is a person of great talent and great humility.
If you could wish something for humanity what would it be?
– I wish people would listen to those around them and be more polite. I would really like that a lot.
Pierluigi Gorini, artistic director of “Fancy for You,” started his career as a pop singer. Always attentive to current trends he performs in the show offering a varied repertoire that spans from Depeche Mode to Muse.